Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another ER visit

Claire's 4th visit to the ER - this time no scars are left. She gave Mom a scare instead.

She had seen be take some ibuprofen this morning and her children's multivitamin were there - so I gave her one. She went in the other room and ate it - almost savored it - they seem like they would taste terrible. She must have been looking for more of those yummy vitamins - because a few minutes later I found her in my bathroom going through my drawers. She had in one hand a bottle of benadryl with the lid only partially on. She said "I ate it." and pointed down her mouth. I asked her if she ate anything else - she consistently shook her head when I pointed other things out and only nodded with the bottle of benadryl. I asked her what she ate and she said "red and pink" which would describe benadryl tabs.

Unfortunately you can't trust a 2 year old - you can't trust them out of your sight for a bit apparently - and you can't trust what they say. So I really don't know if she took any and I had used several tabs already in the bottle - so that was not a good indicator.

Poison control said she should go in to be monitored. So we sat being monitored in the ER for 4 hours. Fortunately she really never showed any signs of overdose - fast heartrate, even seizures. She didn't sleep a wink there - but when we got home she slept hard for hours. Who knows probably slept hard from all the excitement or boredom maybe. Mom slept hard too.

No comments: